Each real estate agent has used some type of real estate postcard marketing over the span of their profession. But many of those agents waste 1000’s of a year as a result of they do not make smart choices about who to ship their real estate mailings to and what the mailings ought to include.
As an agent for the previous decade, I’ve made a incredible residing through the use of real estate mailings to generate expired real estate listings. This text will clarify how I do it and the way you should utilize real estate postcard marketing to beat your competitors and dominate your native market. The most effective half is, should you use these steps, you may save 1000’s of each year in your mailings and promote extra homes than you ever have Parc Central Residences!
Step 1: Goal Your Real Estate Mailings
The largest mistake agents make when beginning a marketing marketing campaign is to make their handle checklist far too large. The frequent pondering amongst agents is that the extra folks they mail to, the extra enterprise they are going to obtain. Whereas this can be true, few agents know the way to mail to a a lot smaller checklist and nonetheless generate the identical quantity of enterprise. Over the years, I’ve steadily lowered my mailing checklist measurement whereas dramatically growing my income. Listed below are the methods I exploit:
- With uncommon exception, I not mail to whole neighborhoods (or “farm”). As an alternative, I goal solely expired real estate listings and people which were withdrawn from the market.
- As soon as I determine the expired and withdrawn houses, I determine the houses I need to market to. If a home is in a sluggish shifting or depressed space, I take them off my checklist. I solely goal houses which have a excessive likelihood of promoting. My information of the market permits me to determine these houses shortly, however some houses I have to do extra analysis on. Whereas this will likely take 5-10 minutes per home, it should save money and time on the real estate mailings (see under)
- I scan every of the expired real estate listings for the phrases “Brief Sale.” If the home proprietor wants to barter a brief sale with the financial institution, it’s virtually by no means price my time or the fee so as to add them to my marketing campaign.
It could appear tedious, however these steps will determine a listing of houses in your market which can be price your full consideration. Having a extremely focused checklist of 1 to 2 hundred houses is much extra priceless than having a listing of 1000’s of homes that might not be seeking to promote.
Step 2: Smart Real Estate Postcard Marketing
Now that you’ve spent the time to analysis and determine the withdrawn and expired real estate listings, you are able to out-market your competitors.
Whereas the remainder of the agents in your market could have spent all of their cash sending one postcard to 1000’s of individuals, now you can spend a lot much less cash sending a number of postcards to the small, focused checklist you’ve got created. This is a listing of things I ship out to my small checklist:
- On the primary day the itemizing comes off of the market, I ship a jumbo, full coloration postcard to the home-owner. This postcard must be large and spectacular, as a result of the day the home is off the market, many agents will ship their one and solely postcard to the home. Make yours stand out.
- On the second day, I ship one other postcard to the home. That is often a smaller, full coloration 6 x four postcard. Make this postcard look just like your first (i.e. similar emblem, colours, and so forth). For my real estate postcard marketing marketing campaign, this postcard tells the home-owner that I actually need to promote their home and I by no means quit.